Giving Thanks and holding space for Gratitude

Well, it never seems like I can be consistent with posting to my online visual journal. There are the best of intentions put forward. But, I have to accept the way that I do things. Which is part of the point of this post. It is heading towards the end of Autumn here in the Ohio valley. It seems as if we barely had one at all. One minute glorious colors of fall and the next naked trees cold temps and snow flurries. Time is slipping into the season of thanks giving and the end of the year. So, I wanted to take some time to pause and reflect on the things that I am grateful for.The happiness that I still find in my life despite all the ugliness that tries it's best to knock me off center. The biggest blessing in my life is my spiritual path. This is the cornerstone of who I am and how I live. It is what keeps me centered and always and I mean always challenges me to grow and ascend to a higher state of awareness. 

This brings me to one of the things that I wanted to write about. For some time I have struggled with how I could give back to the world without expectations and needing some sort of recognition for it. As most artists and what some would call fringe thinkers, I am not great in earthly wealth. One of the things I have learned in my quest for enlightenment is that money isn't the only way to be of service or give back. It's all about energy and intention. There is some saying that tends to be used as a put down. The world is paved with good intentions. Well, in the spiritual realm, good intentions are energy. Good energies are what uplifts the world. So, I have decided to use what I have to send good vibes, love, kindness and light out into the world. My creative talents and abilities, as an artist, can be put to good use in this way. I have created a project I lovingly call the Dream Book Project. It is a really simple concept. I use all the left over scraps and materials from my various book projects to create little journals. They can be made of all kinds of papers and adornments. They tend to be rather small around 3 x 4 to 4 x 6 inches. They are all one of a kinds. Once I have completed a few, I have a little explanation page that goes into the little wrapper. The description basically says that this little journal is a gift from the universe. Designed just for you to put all of your hopes and dreams into. It is a simple gift of love to remind you that you are so loved and matter. Enjoy this little treasure and spread the love and joy.

There is a sticker on the back of the package that says pick me up I'm yours to keep. They are then randomly placed or left in different spots where I live and work. I did leave one in Wilmington Ohio while on a day trip. Below is a set of the first ones I made and abandoned for some beautiful soul to find. The cool part is it is left up to the universe for the right person to find it. I have no say in it at all. No attachment to the outcome. It is my way of spreading some little bit of love, kindness and light in the world. It is the best way for me. It really makes me so happy to do this.


Below is one of the last journals I left for someone to find. I hope to continue this spiritual practice as time goes on. It is all reliant on what's left over from the various art projects I am involved in making. That is the other good part. Recycling and not putting more stuff into the landfill. Another way to honor my resources and our beautiful mother earth.


I have so many ideas of how I want to make my mark in the world. Not for praise but, to be remembered for trying to give light. Holding space for kindness and love in the world. I also am really focusing on honoring myself. Learning to say no, being strong even when you want to collapse into a heap of tears. Knowing who I am and not letting anyone take that power away from ever again. I have learned a lot about myself in the past few years. As this year wanes and the new year approaches, I am going into my sixth decade. I have stories to tell and a history to keep from slipping into oblivion. Art and my creative path will be my way, my torch, my mouthpiece. Walk with me if you wish. Let me tell you my stories and illustrate my dreams and visions so you know me a little better. I would be so honored.


Next up for me, is the month of Remember. Letting it all go so something new can emerge. It seems fitting that the last month of the year would become the month of Remember.


I hope that you and yours have a beautiful and blessed Thanksgiving and upcoming holiday season whatever you celebrate. I love you all and wish light and love in your world. Peace.

Comments

Post a Comment