Morning Meditation for August 28, 2016 The Early Light of Mornings


Here I sit one week from my last post. Wondering if this idea will settle into a once a week habit. It is what it is I suppose. But, observations are still made when they strike me usually out of the blue. Today's image was once again a chance viewing of the light being reflected through my kitchen window this morning. This particular shaft of light falls at this time of year around 8:55 am. It baths the vegetables in such a golden light that is hard to ignore. So, I quickly grabbed my Iphone and snapped a few pics of the scene. I am in constant awe at the beauty of simple things that most people just don't take the time to notice. Myself included in this, there is so much around us that we can take in if we give ourselves a moment to do so.

I have concluded a six day work week yesterday at the art supply store. It was exhausting and all of us there that are full time pulled the same number of days. It is back to school season and lots of anxious energy in anticipation of the students, and how well our business will do compared to the year before. Retail as with all business is most concerned with growing their profit margin. I totally get that on some level. But, I am most jazzed by the customers and helping them solve creative issues and helping them find the things that will help them create art. This makes it apparent that I am more of a people person than I give myself credit for. But, I do love my alone time too.

This alone time is what allows me to slow down and take notice of the beauty that exists in my environment. Photography has taught me the best lesson of observation and seeing. Seeing what's around you and making the best out of it. I have marveled at what I have learned in the past four years that I have pursued photography with passion. It has also guided me to new loves of book making and new friends.

One thing I have discovered in the past few weeks is that I wish I had an art buddy. A person who is an artist and likes to make art that would be interested in getting together to make art a few times a month. To go on art outings together or just get together and talk about creative issues and concerns. I miss that so much. I had that when I was a student or in a club. But, now it is mainly solo and though I have a wonderful artist friend whom I have art outings with. We rarely if ever make art together. So, I am putting this out to the universe and I have a few more qualifiers. They should at least have some common interests and work in some common media. It would be nice to have a male buddy but, that is not entirely necessary. It would be nice if they have similar spiritual and political views so that we aren't arguing or getting into heated debates about things we can't change. One last thing is they should be local so it is easy to get together for me since I don't drive.

Well, I think I have made up for the lack of posts a little bit. Hope you all have a great week ahead. Peace.

Comments

  1. Once a week is good too!! If I lived closer I could be your art buddy!! Hope you find a kindred spirit to be artsy with!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, that would be nice if you did live closer I I to you. It will happen when it is meant to. I always know that if I put the request out into the universe, the right person will show up. I am not really that worried or anxious about it. Thanks for reading.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment