A Fresh Start: Morning Meditation for Saturday August 6, 2016

Welcome to the beginning of a new project for me. A few years back I gave myself the task to post a photo a day on Facebook. It was a great experience that taught me many things about myself as an artist and person. So, I have been mulling around ideas to do something like that again. But, this time I wanted to be able to write about what I was doing. For the past week I have been posting a picture taken during my morning time and posting it. I have been calling them morning meditations. As I thought about what I wanted to do for a continuing project, morning meditation kept coming back every time. It wouldn't let me be. Light bulb goes off and ta da I am going to keep a visual journal of my morning meditations or inspirations. Thus this blog was born. It is a way for me to chronicle my journey. My hope it to post daily about my rituals of life and creativity. The idea was to post solely the images I take in the morning hours. This was inspired by a book I recently got called "A Year of Mornings, 3191 miles apart." The book chronicles a year of morning images taken by these two friends who respectively posted them on each ones blog. They did this everyday for a year or more. So, I thought that was such an interesting idea. Though I am not going to be so strict as to make only mornings. I need to give myself a little wiggle room.

I love mornings. The quiet and lovely golden light that spills into my eastward windows. It is a time of reflection, renewal and promise of the day ahead. What a gift to be able to observe my daily rituals and capture the essence of some part of that in a visual journal. I am curious as to how this process will speak about my life. Here we go, the beginning of this adventure.


Morning meditation for Saturday August 6. 2016. I am starting with the image I took this morning I call my table tableau. It is important to notice the smallest things once forgotten or ignored. As you can see my house is filled with all sorts of stuff. Some treasured some not so much. But, I like the daily practice of observation even though as a visually impaired person it can be difficult at times. Yet, I like to see what I might notice in my environment that may have gone unnoticed for who knows how long.

This practice helps me to find inspiration in the most unlikely of places. One thing I have noticed is that you will most likely find a Buddha figure somewhere in my house. One of my many collections that I enjoy seeing around the house. Unlike some collectors, I like placing things in a variety of locations. That way I can enjoy them everywhere I go.

That's it for today. Happy Saturday.

Comments

  1. Interesting project. I have lots of stuff I could photograph! LOL I would need more than mornings too. I hardly am up in the morning. I would have title me late night musings! Can't wait to see all the photos and posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I think it is going to go well for now. It is a nice motivator to keep posting and taking photos.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment