Renewal


My new table has finally arrived and I spent about five hours totally rearranging my studio space here at home. The table itself only took 20 minutes to build. But, moving, dusting sorting through mountains of stuff took so long. I am not totally happy with the space yet. But, it is getting there. It is a time of renewal and moving up a notch or two on the creative frequency scale. I did a blessing ritual with Reiki energy thanks to my dear friend Heather Stormer who gifted me with this beautiful selenite slab with the choka ray symbol on it. It just glows. The energy is so much calmer and open here now. I love the look and feel of the new table. It is a bit longer and a little narrower with a beautiful mahogany wood grain look. I am excited to start creating on it.


So, to officially get into the morning meditation theme, I spied this little grass seed head on my way to shop the other day. It was so cool with the sun hitting it just right. I used a bit of my creative magic on it to create a special feeling it gave me. Taking on the light is what I call this image. It is a reminder to all of us to joyfully and gladly receive the light as it is always given freely from source. This little grass radiates the joy of pure being. It touches that part of my soul that radiates joy of pure being.

I hope you can take a moment to experience the joy of pure being. Let me offer a simple breathing technique that will help you to connect to your inner self. It is really simple. Leave you mouth slightly ajar. Place the tip of your tongue on the upper palette where your teeth meet your gums. Then breathe through your nose for six counts. Hold it for three counts and slowly exhale through your mouth for eight counts pause and repeat. Do this for at least ten times in the beginning. This is an ancient yogic breathing technique that calms and centers the mind and body. It really works. It gives your monkey mind something to do by counting the breaths. This technique can be done as often as needed and I do it a lot. Especially in places or times I feel a bit stressed and disconnected. I do it so much that it has become habit to keep my tongue in the position for the breathing practice. Many times I practice this while I walk and it puts me into a beautiful meditative state. My environment then becomes more amazing as I begin to notice it in all it's glorious beauty. I hope you give it a try.

May you go forth and feel the pure joy of being. Let your light shine unto the world and let the love flow. Peace to you all my beautiful friends.

Comments

  1. Wonderful for you Cody! I will definitely try your breathing technique. Maybe one day I can be a more peaceful soul.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment