Beginnings and Endings


There is something to be said for routine and staying on target. Now that I have rekindled my relationship with my blogs, I feel compelled to keep the energy moving. So, on my table this morning is the last of the three books that I have been diligently working on for several months. These books are being created for an upcoming show at the Kennedy Heights Art Center here in Cincinnati Ohio. The premise of the show is books in containers and is called "Contents Unknown". The idea is of a book being concealed in a container. The book pictured above is one called Family Heirlooms and is a collection of recipes that were handed down to me by a variety of influential women and those of my own. The idea is one of passing something along to another. It is part of a personal series of pieces that explore my life and personal history. This book is created out of textiles and handmade papers.

However, the title of this post suggests another topic. One of beginnings and endings. My reason for this post in particular is to chronicle my letting go of the table that this book was created upon. This table has been in my creative space for 25 plus years. But, it no longer functions well. Also, I am in the process of creating a different kind of energy in my sacred studio space. I want to have things around me that inspire me and encourage me to stay in my space. I have always viewed my studio as my sanctuary and very sacred to the process of creation and my spiritual journey. Everything is interconnected and serves the whole. I have discovered how personal ones environment affects ones mental, spiritual and psychological well being. I will admit that I do clutter my space during times of extreme creative activity. But, I gently remind myself of the importance of peace and balance that comes from some semblance of order.

So, hopefully the next images of my work space will feature the new table. Which by the way was a gift from my beautiful partner Buck. A very early anniversary by several months. But, who am I to refuse such a welcomed gift. Actually I have been looking for a new table for over a year now.

I hope you all out there have a beautiful weekend and find the time to follow your heart and do what makes you happy. I am sure trying my best to do the same. Peace.

Comments

  1. This one looks like a fabulous book. Collections of treasures recipes.
    I love you are getting a new table. It is hard to let go of the familiar even if it isn't working. I need a new table myself. Maybe you inspire me to get one!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment