It's been a long time


It's been a very long time since I have posted on this blog. So much life has happened in the time passed. But, that is the nature of linear time. It causes us to remark in surprise at the amount of hours days and weeks that have gone by in the blink of an eye. Yet, we pick right back up like old friends whom haven't seen each other in ages. Talk, laugh and share as if there were no long time delays.

I am sharing an early summer image of strawberries that I snapped as I was preparing them for breakfast. I was struck by the reflected light streaming through my kitchen window. Strawberries are such an amazing fruit. So full of color flavors and life. They put a smile on my face every time I see them.


The image of forks still life is admittedly contrived and planned. I was having a bit of fun and playing around with shapes colors and the idea of how simple everyday objects can be viewed as art. Not an new concept I know, but for me worth contemplating again. I enjoy the play of opposite color combinations and breaking the rule of putting things right in the center.

So, yeah I have been on an intense spiritual journey. One of self discovery and awakening to who I am as a person. Trying to figure out all the various parts of me and bring them together in some harmonious way. I wanted to integrate my creative process and art making more fully into my daily spiritual practices. I have set up an alter in my studio of all the things that remind me of love, compassion, light and our attainment of ascension to a greater awareness of self. My alter has bits and pieces of my life and special reminders of the magical energies that make up my journey and create this amazing miracle we call life. My studio is my sacred temple of creation and it was only fitting that my alter be placed here. It makes me feel so good and it truly feels like home away from home. Perhaps I can explain that a bit more at another time.

I am also in the process of revamping my primary blog that focuses on the art and creating side. I wanted to include my spiritual discoveries and talk more about my processes there. Here is a place of reflection and observation. I am hoping to make some pivotal changes in the months ahead that more closely reflects my heart and soul. It is of utmost importance to place one's heart above all else if we are to be truly happy in life. My wish for all of you out there is that you too can connect to your deeper heart and follow your bliss.

Comments

  1. Hi Cody!! glad you are focusing on yourself. I have such a hard time doing that. I think it is okay to break rules now and them! Besides, you have the halo glowing on the outside that carries your eye around and the center thing does sprout out in different directions. Have a great week! Hugs

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment