Morning Meditation for August 12, 2016: Studies


They say a messy desk is the sign of a genius. I am not sure if that is true, I can only hope. But, I saw my desk in the morning and thought. Wow, I really need to try and organize it. But, I wanted to capture part of the chaos as a chronicle of it's current state. In the Buddhist view it can be an outward sign of a cluttered mind as well. That is one thing I am certain of, as I have tons of thoughts battling for supremacy in my head. In there exists all kinds of ideas for art projects, worries, lists on and on. However, I subscribe to the creative clutter as an expression of the creative potential that is waiting to be discovered.


Lastly, I was observing or studying how the light fell on one of my sofa pillows this morning and enjoyed the interplay. It is fun to try and capture something that is a bit more abstract in structure and composition. There are a number of decisions one can make about placement, color and texture. Of course my creative brain begins to ask some more esoteric questions. Is conceptual or more abstract photographs relevant? Do they serve to add to the creative conversation? Perhaps it is simply fun to explore what an image like this expresses for me. I have gained a deeper appreciation for conceptual art in recent months and it is fun to explore these when I can.

Happy Friday one and all. Thank you for taking the time to stop by and visit with me. Peace.

Comments

  1. I must have a very cluttered mind! LOL I think all artists desks look like yours! I need to see my stuff as it helps me be creative.
    I love your pillow photo!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment